Removing unwanted hairs from the body is seems every woman’s desire, as a hair-free smooth skin looks beautiful and feels great as well. There are several methods for hair removing, some are permanent like having a laser treatment and some are temporary. Temporary hair removal methods includes; shaving, waxing, threading, trimming, and epilation. In a general overview, it has been considered that removing hairs from razor is risky as it carries risk of being cuts, makes skin more sensitive, and needs to be done more frequently. While, the method of wax can be a bit painful and cause your skin a little bumpy and you will need a professional for a waxing to be done. In 2018, among all other hair removal method, use of epilator is considered to be the best solution, a least painful and less risky method.
Before getting into much details, it is important to know some basics of epilators. For hair removal via epilation, one should need an epilator, which is an electronic device that consists of a series of tiny, rotating tweezers that pluck hair from the roots and makes the skin smooth and hair free in less time.
There are two main types of epilators; dry and wet. Wet epilators can be use in showers or on wet skin. But some times dry epilator is considered to be more useful as it make skin get rid of hairs a little more quickly in comparison when hairs are wet and sticked on skin.
Another good thing about epilation is, regular use of epilators decreases the hair growth as it takes about 3 to 6 weeks for hair to grow back and it also makes the hairs thin. Below we have listed some of the best epilators for women in 2018, which are not only popular but also are equipped with all the feature one should need to have. Either you need an epilator for Brazilian hair, or to trim bikini area, or even for underarms, body and for facial hair removal. Buying guidelines, usage tips on this page, and following list of top picks will definitely help you to have an epilator to perfectly fulfil your needs and matches your budget.
Best Epilators of 2018 – 2019
- Braun Silk-épil 9 9-579 Women’s Epilator, Electric Hair Removal, Wet & Dry, with Electric Razor
- Panasonic ES-ED90-P Wet/Dry Epilator and Shaver.
- Emjoi AP-18 Emagine Dual Opposed 72 Tweezer Head Epilator
- Epilady Legend 4th Generation Rechargeable Epilator
- Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator
- Philips Satinelle Essential HP6401, Compact Hair Removal Epilator
- Philips Bikini perfect Advanced HP6378 Bikini Trimmer Kit
- Finishing Touch Flawless Women’s Painless Hair Remover
- Remington Smooth & Silky Total Coverage Epilator
- Panasonic ES2113PC Facial Hair Trimmer for Women
If you are planning to buy an epilator in near future, so here are some buying tips for you which can help you to pick a perfect epilator for you.
Always go for the one which is not heavy on your pocket and good in quality and performance as well.
The number of tweezers:
The more tweezers an epilator will have, the less time each epilation session will take. It’s especially helpful when removing hair from the legs.
Wet & Dry:
If you love to remove hair in the shower then must go for a wet one and if you are okay to do it any time then you can choose the dry one, as it is better then to remove hairs in shower.
Corded or cordless:
Cordless is more easy to use and it’s better if it is rechargeable, so it will not cost you for the battery every time.
It ensures that you don’t miss any hair mistakenly and notice every thin and unnoticed hair.
The number of speeds:
Choose the epilator with more speed setting, as it becomes easy to use according to the sensitivity of area and skin.
Choose the right epilator:
It must remove the hairs from the root. Not to cut them at the surface of the skin and leave the root in. This is one of the most important criteria.
How To Use
A few tips if you follow while using an epilator so it can make the most of it even in a better way and will leave you skin more smooth and silky.
- Trim long hair first — If your body hair is too long, so trim them first as your tweezer will not extract it and make sure trim your hair in similar lengths before you start epilation.
- Move against the direction of hair growth — for a better and smooth result move your epilator against the direction of hair growth just like we use a razor.
- Exfoliation — always remember to exfoliate your skin before hair remover which helps to save the skin from ingrown hair. You can exfoliate the skin with a scrubber before using an epilator, it helps to remove the dead skin cells.
- Hold it correctly – using an epilator at a 90-degree angle pull out the hair effectively.
- Hold your skin tight – always hold your skin tight while using the epilator, so that it will make a perfect epilation.
- Moisturise your skin — make sure to use any moisturiser or coconut oil , after you are done with your hair removing. It keeps your skin hydrated nourished.
Using an epilator is much easier and it has made our lives much comfortable nowadays. Every epilator has so many features and are offering some advanced accessories with, which makes them worth buying. Moreover, it enhances the beauty of a woman with less time. less price, and great functionalities.