Summer time brings many hair related problems such as dry hair, split ends, frizzy hair, and much more. Sun and dry winds are responsible for damaging your hair’s cuticle and result in dry, drab, split, brittle or frizzy hair and split ends. Here are some hair care tips for summer:
Hair care Tips for Summer
- If you are with fine or thin hair then use leave-in conditioner for your hair. Otherwise you can use a normal good quality conditioner.
- Add moisture by using Hair care products that advertise “replenishment”
- Avoid using hot hair styling tools such as hair dryers, hot irons; hair curlers, straighteners, etc.
- Deep conditioning is essential for sun exposed or sun damaged hair.
- Always try to wear a hat or you can also use a bit of sunscreen or jojoba oil to the ends in order to prevent dry scalp conditions.
- If you are a swimmer, use a chelating shampoo to remove chlorine and buildup.
- When hottest, contain frizzes by wearing your hair up in a knot, bun or braids.
- Use alcohol free products for your hair care regimen.
- Try to keep your body well hydrated throughout the summer season. Drink plenty of water in the summer.
Summer Hair Care Recipes
Try to use these recipes twice a week.
- Boil 4 tablespoons nettle + 3-4 tea spoons colorless henna in water. After making a paste, add 1 egg yolk to the mixture. Apply this resultant mixture to your head and leave it for 1 to 2 hours and rinse with Luke warm water.
- Massage your scalp with a mixture made up of 1 ripe banana + eight to ten almonds drops; it should be retained for 15-20 minutes and rinse of with soda water. After that, wash your hair with a good herbal shampoo for final touch.
- For getting extra shine – take 2 egg white + 1 egg yolk + 1 table spoon honey + fresh extract of lemon. Mix all ingredients to make a paste. Apply this paste on hair, wait 30-45 minutes. Then apply shampoo and rinse off with running water.
- Make a mixture by mixing 2 tea spoons aloe juice + 2 teaspoons castor oil + 2 table spoons of honey, Massage your hair and scalp. Leave it for approx ½ an hour on your scalp and then wash with chamomile decoction.