There is no need to splurge on salon based hot oil treatments because you can get the some effect at your own home. You can use various remedies to repair your damaged hair and one such remedy is to use olive oil for damaged hair treatment. Olive oil can also be applied as heat-protectant to avoid hair damage possible by excessive/improper use of flat irons. Given below are some tips on how to use olive oil for damaged hair.
How to Use Olive Oil for Damaged Hair
- Take five tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl and keep this bowl in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Now, mix two beaten eggs with olive oil.
- Apply this mixture to your hair.
- After that cover your head with a shower cap.
- Wait for 20 minutes and then wash your hair as usual.
You can also make some effective olive oil hair mask recipes to make your hair look smooth, soft and shiny. Given below are some good olive oil hair mask recipes for damaged hair.
- Make an olive oil hair moisturizing mask by combining one egg, one tablespoon of vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Apply the resultant mixture to your hair concentrating on the roots and ends of the hair. Leave on for about 15-20 minutes and then wash your hair.
- Make another mask by mixing one ripe banana, one egg and three tablespoons each of milk honey and olive oil. Apply this mixture to your hair and leave it on for about half an hour. Use a mild shampoo and conditioner.
These were some tips on how to use olive oil for damaged hair. Lastly, increase your water intake and eat lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.