There are many benefits of glycerin for hair’s health, hence, it is used in many hair care products such as shampoos, creams, moisturizing lotions, soaps, liquid soaps, etc. Glycerin contains hygroscopic properties, which means it helps absorb the water from its surroundings. This is the main reason that makes glycerin a perfect for skin and hair care products including in heat protectants for regular users of hair styling tools.
Benefits of Glycerin for Hair
– Due to its hygroscopic properties it is very beneficial in the treatment of dry hair and dry scalp problems.
– It is also used as an effective conditioner for dry, frizzy and brittle hair.
– In order to get rid of irritation caused by dry flaky scalp, try to massage your scalp with vegetable glycerin and see the difference.
– If you are a Afro-African women, with dry hair or flaky scalp issues then you can freely use it in order to get essential moisture.
– It helps to strengthen the hair and also good in the prevention of split ends like problems.
– Glycerin can be mixed with essential oils, carrier oils, water, honey, etc.
– In order to use it – make a mixture by mixing glycerin + water + aloe vera juice + few essential oils like lavender, rosemary + little amount of conditioner in a spray bottle. Keep the bottle in a fridge. Apply it 2-3 days in a week on your scalp and hair. Massage with this solution, and leave it on for 2 minutes on wet hair, then wash hair clean.
– You can also use it with water – mix glycerin with plain water and apply it on the scalp regularly.
– Do not use, if you are living in a place, that has extremely dry weather.