Every African-American woman wants nice, shiny, black dreadlocks as well as men take great pains to create unique styles and looks with their naturally black and curly hair. The hair type of African Americans is different from that of Caucasian hair. African American hair is more dry and curly therefore, it requires extra care as compared to the Caucasian hair. Here are some hair care tips on african-american hair care:
In order to get healthy hair follow some important hair care tips:
– Eat healthy and live healthy as your hair will reflect what you eat, Therefore, if you really want health and shiny hair, you must eat healthy food by including plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily diet menu. Try to include protein vitamins rich sources. Some important vitamin for hair are A, B6, B12, E, niacin, etc. as a healthy diet does more good to your hair than any hair care product.
– Try to make a healthy hair care routine. Avoid over washing in order to save your hair from drying. Use a good quality shampoo made for dry hair and do not forget to condition your hair. Do not rub you scalp vigorously while washing your hair. At the time of drying your hair, just wrap it in a towel and press it, so as to remove excess water. Letting them dry naturally is the best option.
General Hair Care Tips for African- Americans:
– Don not forget to de-tangle and pin-up your hair before you go to bed, use a wide toothed comb to de-tangle your hair.
– If you have rough, cotton pillow covers, then wrap your hair in satin scarf in order to protect hair damage at night.
– Avoid direct sun exposure over you hair.
– Hair trimming should be done at every 2 months interval in order to get rid of split ends.
– In order to avoid dryness, massage your scalp regularly. You should carry out hot oil massage at least once a month to moisturize your hair.
– Always use a good conditioner after shampooing. Always try to choose alcohol free conditioner with low pH. Do not choose 2 in 1 shampoos, that is, shampoo plus conditioner. They make African American natural hair drier.
Wash your hair in one direction. This lessens the chances of excessively tangled curly hair.
Do not comb on wet hair as wet hair is prone to breakage, thus wait till it dries a bit more. Use your fingers to loosen the knots in your hair. Using a comb to pull out the knots will damage your hair.
– If you have a braid hairstyle then you should wash your hair with a softening shampoo in order to maintain the natural moisture balance. This helps reduce the chances of a dry scalp